Master’s Level Courses
- ELEC-E7110 – Trends in Communications Engineering Research (5cr), 12.09.2016 – 12.12.2016
- ELEC-E7851 – Computational User Interface Design (5cr), 31.10.2016 – 16.12.2016
- ELEC-E7861 – Research Project in Human-Computer Interaction P (5-10 cr), 11.01.2018 – 05.04.2018
- ELEC-E7870 – Advanced Topics in User Interfaces L V (3-5 cr), 18.09.2016 – 21.05.2017
- ELEC-E7880 – Quality of Experience (3 cr), 18.09.2016 – 19.03.2017
Master’s Programmes at Aalto
Brand new masters-level major in Human-Computer Interaction starts in Fall, 2018.
- Master’s Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences – Human-Computer Interaction
Together with other HCI professors at Aalto, we have launched an ambitious new specialization track within Computer Science. It introduces model-based approaches to user interfaces, principles of user-centered design, interactive system design, novel interface technologies, as well as core empirical methods. The electives offer a pool of relevant advanced topics in information visualization, computer graphics, and web services.
We also participate in the EIT ICT Labs Master’s programme HCID:
- EIT ICT Labs Master’s programme in Human-Computer Interaction and Design (HCID) for international students.
- Aalto Doctoral Programme in Electrical Engineering
- The Helsinki Doctoral Education Network in Information and Communications Technology HICT
We participate in the organization of the Summer School on Computational Interaction. The theme of the summer school is bringing computational tools to bear on enhancing interaction. This encompasses modelling of interaction, deriving and engaging with statistical models of content, automatic learning of preferences and computer-assisted optimisation of interfaces. Applied machine learning and appropriate quantitative analysis, suitable for real-time, closed-loop interactions will be key elements of the summer school school programme. The course contents include quantitative user modelling, machine learning, intelligent signal processing, crowdsourced and mass-scale interface optimisation techniques and automatic interface optimisation.